Piroxicam βeta-cyclodextrin is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
Safkam Piroxicam as βeta-cyclodextrin 20mg
The maximum recommended daily dose is 20 mg, administered as one single daily dose, preferably with or after food.
- Known hypersensitivity to any of the constituents or piroxicam.
- History of gastro-intestinal ulceration, bleeding or perforation.
- History of GI disorders that predispose to bleeding disorders such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, gastrointestinal cancers or diverticulitis.
- Patients with active peptic ulcer, inflammatory GI disorder or gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Concomitant use with other NSAIDs, including COX-2 selective NSAIDs and acetylsalicylic acid.
- Concomitant use with anticoagulants.
- History of previous serious allergic drug reaction of any type, especially cutaneous reactions such as erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis.
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance, previous skin reaction (regardless of severity) to piroxicam, other NSAIDs and other medications.
- Severe heart failure.
- Piroxicam is contraindicated in children.